Friday, September 16, 2016

Experiences Shrunk On Ring Sizes

Experiences Shrunk On Ring Sizes

Casting will face shrunken problems. In my experiences it will be vary and depending on the design. Regarding with ring sizes, for sizes 6 and under it will be shrinked 1/2 size. Sizes 7 to 9 it will shrinked 1/2 - 3/4 size. Above 9 is mostly 3/4 to 1 size depending on the thickness.

It does mean when I want size 7 on production result and using rubber for the mold (low cost) then I made size 7 3/4 on 3D design because it shrinked a lot. If using liquid mold/ silicon which less shrinked I made size 7 1/2 for the 3D design. Silicon is very good for precision but the life time is 50-80 pcs waxes production, the cost is 50% higher than rubber mold. Using for designs with calibrated gemstones.

Below is The USA standard size, and hope it will useful for you. I made this chart using RhinoGold which the second software I've been using. Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment